Monday, October 4, 2010

Cuts before Opening Day

With more cuts still to come before Saturday, I posted this at HockeyBuzz last night. Yes, I was tired and cranky. Can you tell???

In other news, Bruno Gervais celebrated his birthday with the team at Adventureland yesterday for the Islanders charity event. The weather was good. I should have gone. I didn't.

Sean Bergenheim scored for the Bolts over the Panthers in their exhibition game. Speaking with my friend Dr. David Lubin, the 2004 7thMan for Tampa Bay, I told him Sean would get at least 15 goals this season for them. I've got my fingers crossed. He's wearing No. 10 again there as he first did in Uniondale until he left for Russia and Richard Park was given #10 to show Sean that his place was taken. When he came back, they gave him #20.

Nice guy and slippery player Mike Mottau wore #55 on Saturday during their exhibition game against the Devils. While Morency of the Sound Tigers had already graced the Uniondale ice at least once wearing #55, seeing it on Mottau stung a little. But he said he didn't have an affinity to numbers but would be asking what else was available.

Hopefully there will be word out of the PR dept on the status of Nino Niederreiter and Rob Schremp and the extent of the injuries they incurred over the weekend.

Streit and Okposo wasted no time getting shoulder surgery so hopefully they will have a better picture of exactly when the two key ingredients of this roster will be back.

But... we'll see. All I know is that Scott Gordon and his coaching staff certainly have their work cut out for them this week trying to make a team that works when two pieces are missing.

No comments: