Saturday, November 20, 2010

Game 19: Does it Go to a Dozen?

Game day is finally here. A new day and another chance to turn the ship around. The NY Islanders 11 game losing streak began in late October with a game against the Panthers. Maybe karma will intervene and they will begin a winning streak beginning tonight. Hey, come on. The Kings lost a game. The Isles can win one.

Jack Capuano has decided to call up big guy Jesse Joensuu to Uniondale. In a report by Newsday's Katie Srang, Jesse said he feels that time is running out for him. He played seven games with the Islanders in '08-'09, but has been a Sound Tiger for the balance. He wants to stick in the NHL.

Jon Sim went back to Bridgeport and Doug Weight was given the day off yesterday.

Good word from Ms. Strang was the Andy MacDonald was on the ice and actually had a stick in his hand. Yeah! No time table available for his return or the return of Jack Hillen. Although, from the looks of the past few games, it's Andy we miss more.

I'm going to do something different today. I'm opting to head to the morning skate and actually watch the game at home. Just like Jack Capuano, I'm looking to change things up a bit. Make things a little simpler so there doesn't need to be too much thinking. Howie Rose will do all my thinking for me tonight. Besides, even though I can see both Howie and Chris King in the press box, I can't hear either one of them. I think we should all be given headphones and get to chose an audio feed. (I'm dreaming again.)

Lastly, I am going to leave the link to the Islander/Botta discussion open for comments, but I feel I can no longer comment myself. I've stated my stance and in all honesty, I have too many close personal relationships in and around the battle that I'm going to have to stand back. If and when the Islanders make a statement regarding the situation, then I will comment again. Until then, I've covered it, I've commented on it, I've discussed it. I'll stop for now.

Oh... Until Sunday night when I will be on WGBB Radio with @IceCreepsMike on NY Sports Talk Radio at 10 pm. (Shameless plug that I will have to fix later with the proper link.)

No comments: