Saturday, November 13, 2010

Saturday In LA

Not me, of course. The Islanders. Me, middle of November and I finally decided I should walk a beach. Considering I can throw a rock to one, I don't know why I waited until now. Dumb on my part.Finally beach on Twitpic
LA Kings have a beautiful color scheme in royal Purple and black. They also have twice as many points as the Islanders after 14 games. Twenty-two points in two fewer games played.

Also, their PK rate is 91.5% so the Islanders will not have any help there should their power play get a chance to work. Again, face-offs are the only place the Islanders excel. It may not help with this game.

The Islanders may lose their tenth straight or the Kings could break their winning streak and leave it at five. They have one all seven of their home games so far this season. This does not bode well for a young, struggling team.

Will Dwayne Roloson get the nod in net tonight too? So far many people are calling for it because his stats prove he is the one for the job. But Rick needs to play and has not played the last two games of the road trip. Should Scott Gordon save him for Wednesday the 17th at home against the Bolts and give Roloson the vote of confidence that he can get the job done in LA, no one will be angry with him.
Now That is a red velvet cupcake!! $1.95 on Twitpic
Guest appearance by Mark Streit tonight -- on MSG for Hockey Night Live. I'd really prefer to see him in his jersey with a stick in his hand rather than on a Dolan backed hockey panel. But that's just me.

I'd also like to see Rob Schremp get to play and I'd like to know when the hell Milan Jurcina will return. Again -- that's just me!

No comments: