Tuesday, March 13, 2012

HockeyBuzz.com -Isles Vs. Caps 3/13/12

HockeyBuzz.com - Dee Karl - Isles Vs. Caps 3/13/12

The GM meetings are in Boca Raton, FL through Wednesday and they're doing some nice coverage of them on NHL.com.  One of the items on deck is the hotly debated reinstitution of the red line.

When I spoke with Isles GM Garth Snow last week, we discussed it.  He went through what it would mean, step by step in clinical detail.  "Don't go all Scott Gordon on me." I told him.  To which he smiled.  "Yes, it will slow the game down.  Will it cut down on injury?  I don't know.  I have to think about that."

I'm not sure what group Snow ended up in discussing the topic, but I'll find out when he returns.

I also found the 'Burke Bear Hug' debate pretty funny.  Brian Burke has been championing the 'bear hug' when a player knows he's got someone heading into the boards as a way of lessening impact and potential head injury.  Once again he was shot down and once again he sounded off about it.

Brian Burke:  always entertaining.

No comments: