Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Surprise! they changed the ending of the movie

As usual, I turn off my machine and pack up with just a few minutes left to go in the third so that I'm ready to head downstairs at game's end. Well, wasn't I pleasantly surprised by the 2 points, the first of the year, that the Islanders managed to get out of this game.

The Shots on Goal discrepancy was bizarre, but a win is a win and Gordon was at least smiling. I have plenty of notes from the locker room, but it's 11 pm and I returned home to no husband in the house and a 14-year-old who does nothing. So there are three loads of laundry to be folded and dishes in the sink. First things first.

Yeah! We won. YEAH! Yann Can Do as Brad Kurtzberg from Inside Hockey told me in the press room.

Sorry I didn't get to meet Adam Brady, the Ducks team PR guy and blogger. You may want to check out their site tomorrow for his take on the game. The man is very talented. I was hoping for a live blog from him tonight, but he was in the stands as a fan.

And lastly, before I attend to my motherly chores, I'd like to say that today I found out that someone I was very close to is also no longer with the Islanders. These things happen in business, and business decisions are made because they need to be. They are never pleasant. The thing that I hate about having to lose a friend from the team is the emotional connection I lose. That is what gives me the ability to always be positive and always try to find the bright spot. It's just the mother in me.

I do this for "love." That's what I was told I was paid in. And I never minded it. Actually, I'm happy with that. But now that I've lost yet another emotional connection to this team, I'm incredibly sad.

I'll have to make sure from here on in I don't get close to anyone whose last name begins with a "B." That being said, I'm sure Garth is putting together a package for picks and on that list he has penciled in my boy Sean. I just have that feeling.

Dear Garth, if that's the case, you will leave me absolutely no choice. TAG!!! You're IT!

Talk tomorrow.

No comments: