Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wild Time in Uniondale 3/25/09


9:29: They killed off the three on three and almost made it 5 goals on Danis. I'm packing up. See you later.

9:25: Everybody... get in the box! There are six men in the box now!

9:21: Excuse me, but what's going on here????
Comeau jumps in for Tamblellini and Kyel get's taken down by Zidlicky. I was warned!! Kudos to Brad Kurtzberg from Inside Hockey for alerting me that the third period would be full of fights!
9:10 pm: Oh look. Hilbert scored. They now have 13:15 left and we are 2 - 4.

9:01 pm: And now it' s 4 - 1 in favor of the Wild. Yes, yes. Lemaire's system works. Just like I read in Newsday today. And Comeau takes a penalty. The SOG are now 22 - 17. I don't even know how. But they are. Hmmm... This may get ugly. I have been warned. There will be more fights in the third.

8:18 pm: So I'm back in the blog box and it's now 2 - 1 in favor ofthe Wild. And Bryan tells me that it was Miettinen that scored. No sooner do I try to get the lap top refreshed that Witt gets into an altercation with Sheppard.

At the 7:37 mark of the first something wonderful happened. Bruno Gervais scored his third goal of the season. Is there a full moon? Assist points go to Streit and McAmmond.


7:17 pm at the 15:33 mark with shots 6 - 3 in favor of the Isles, I looked down and all of a sudden Joel Rechlicz and John Scott were fighting. Not bad but it looked like the refs should have stopped it a little sooner. They were both tired.




Well, Maybe. Maybe not. But the kids looked good in pregame skate. I've gotta say, Joel Rechlicz can certainly skate!


I read this morning in an article by Herrmann that the Wild are boring to watch because they play the trap and don't care that they are boring.



Well, we'll have to hope the Islander boys make it interesting instead.


Sean Bergenheim has still not been cleared to skate, which is very sad because there are so few games left. Doug Weight may be back on the road Friday. As much as I'd love to see him back on the ice, I hope he doesn't do anything foolish... like... win. he he he he...


Once again, Darryl Strawberry was here to collect a check for his Autism charity from the IBC. Always a good thing!

No comments: