Wednesday, March 25, 2009

When the Wild Come to Town


For days the Twitter feed promoted the Wild playing those dreaded Blueshirts in the Big Apple. I kept wondering how come the promo wasn't about the back to back NY match-ups for the Wild. I received no response.


Well, last night the Wild lost to those guys from NYC by one lousy goal. Avery was Avery as usual and there's a two page spread in Newsday about it... as usual. But those Wild boys will be in OUR house tonight. Maybe they think it'll be easy for them. I can't tell. I went looking for a Twitter feed about it this morning, but didn't find one yet.


I'm not really worried about those guys in the Christmas colors, I'm more worried about something I just read in Corey Witt's blog - the ice. Which is not ready for this morning's morning skate. Corey doesn't write that often, but when he does, it's worth looking into.


When the ice isn't perfect, the game can go wrong. Bad bounces are one thing, injuries are another. And that is what I will worry about tonight as I finally get to see a game in person again.


There are only a handful left on the schedule, and the last home game this year is once again on Easter Sunday. Not exactly what I was hoping for. But as our season winds down quickly, I've got to enjoy every moment that I can so that I can hold onto them until September.


It's going to be a long, hot, annoying summer. I can feel it already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I smell a rat????
A day before the big lighthouse RAH RAH convention
and now we have ice problems at the barn???
Next the scoreboard will be hanging by a thread again

Must be a coincidence

Yeah Right

Time for a salmonella outbreak

7th Woman said...

You know... I didn't even THINK of that!!!! Good CATCH!