Saturday, February 19, 2011

Isles vs Kings 2-19-11

So it's Hockey Across America weekend, and I'm hoping it's not true that I'm one of only a handful that are looking to celebrate it. I wore my jersey to work yesterday, did you?

So tonight the Islanders face the Kings tonight. It's the last game of their ten day road trip. We hope they're really tired. They beat the Isles their last meeting in November and have and have an excellent record of 32-22-4.

Maybe Matt Moulson will tell JT and Michael Grabner how to beat his brother-in-law Jonathan Quick. "Go high glove!! Go high glove!" You know, something like that.

Sadly, I won't be there tonight.

But I wanted to take a moment to show you what I did see a few nights ago at the barn. Seems the trouble in net for the Islanders even hit the Ranger fans. This guy here...
Yep, "Will Tend Goal for Food."

He hid his face with the banner so he wouldn't be recognized and wouldn't tell me his name. He just said he was a Ranger fan who always attends games at the Coliseum. I took this photo before Al Montoya became an Islander. So, wonder how he feels now. That's TWO ex-Rangers we now have on the roster.

But this IS the land of Opportunity. So let's see what they can do against the Kings.

I'm heading to CT for the Hartford Whale Fan Fest. So hopefully, I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon.

Let's Go Islanders.

No comments: