Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Good To Be King, but May Suck to Be Captain


That's basically what this morning's Newsday article about Bill Guerin was eluding to. I wanted to write this morning, but just didn't have the time. But a few things bothered me today. So, since there isn't a game until tomorrow and since Microsoft money is actually on my husband's computer and not this one, I'm going to waste the time to just tell you what I think. (geeze that was random.)


Billy Guerin: Is a good Captain and a good man. But what he is (and I told everyone this from the get-go) is a SCORPIO Man. That comes with a few little problems. Remember Alexi Yashin? Uh, yep. Same type. Except Bill has a better way with people than Yashin ever did. But that same black cloud and moody introspection that effect most Scorpio men effects Guerin. And once they get moody and depressed, it takes a lot to pull them out of it. Just a word to the wise. (And just for the record, they can also be impulsive, self destructive and hold a grudge till they're dead. That's just bonus info.)


Tampa shopping Vinny?: WHAT? Are you freakin' kidding me? If those two bozo's in charge of Tampa Bay are really considering trying to deal Vinny they are truly insane. When they started their contract frenzy I had mentioned the circus was now in Tampa. But this rumor running today on Home Ice just made me sick. He IS the Tampa franchise. You can't move him. This has to be heartbreaking for him to hear, because it's bothering the crap out of me.


Bill Jaffe Unleashed: I love when Billy does co-hosting stints on NHL Live. He is just a wealth of information and humor, and just an excellent hockey analyst. And unlike many in this business, Jaffe does NOT have a face for radio, so I'm always happy to web stream from NHL.com so I can watch what's happening in the XM studio. But today he made me even happier by bringing up the Sidney Crosby "incident" that continues to go unpunished. At least it is not going unnoticed. I know it was weeks ago, but due to the NHL's lack of action on it and what seems to be their desire to just ignore it so it will go away, I feel compelled to NOT let it be forgotten. Granted, I love Sidney Crosby. I think he's a fabulous player, but I want an apology for his actions, and I'd like it from HIM.


Hear that Sid! I know you are the face of the NHL and will be for years to come. But you have to be a grown up and accept your mistakes and SAY YOU'RE SORRY DAMN IT!


Rangers visit Uniondale tomorrow. Nielsen back in the line up, woo hoo. I'm staying home and letting the Big Angry Man go enjoy the game with his fire buddies. I'm better watching this one from the comfort of my couch any way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the irrelevant astrological info...
Maybe you can do an astrological study on the entire team to find out why they can't win a game.

7th Woman said...

I'd LOVE TO! Would I get BONUS money for it? COOL!

and why is it the ones that want to make pointed comments do them as "anonymous." I'm more than happy to engage in debate with anyone who stops by.

Leave your name next time.

(PS... you must be a scorpio male. ;o)

McCauley's Blog said...

Male Scorpios are cool! :)