Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Where's the Welcome Wagon?


Good morning all ye faithful Long Island hockey fans. There's a home coming of sorts tonight at the coliseum. Our own Orange and Bluer than Blue Islanders are set to have their first game of their home stand against of all teams, the dreaded NY Rangers.

As if that wasn't adding insult to injury enough for my taste, there is more. I opened the paper this morning to look to see what is usually a morning article about the evening's match up. I was hoping for just a smidgen of good-natured trash talk. But what did I find in our morning Newsday? Basketball, Football and high school sports.

Oh, yes... there was a very expensive two third page ad for that local hockey team of ours, but... hey... that pays Newsday's heat bills.

No game day article when there's a Ranger/Islanders match up? Is this what we have come to?

Last week, Big Angry Man said to me "I can't stand it. It's so bad, even the Ranger fans at the Firehouse feel bad for me. I HATE IT! When the team is so bad that the Ranger fans start feeling sorry for you... THAT'S BAD!"

Yep. That's bad. But hey! We're still NOT TAMPA!!!

So, no Welcome Wagon for you Frans Nielsen. But we're glad you're back. Stay healthy.

*(sorry about the photo. That was for ME!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"very expensive two third page ad"?

Dee, look again, it was a full page ad.