Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm Supportive In Abstentia Today

The Lighthouse Development Group will present an update on the Lighthouse project to the Nassau County Planning Commission TONIGHT at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Theodore Roosevelt Executive and Legislative Building in Mineola, located at 1550 Franklin Ave. Islanders owner Charles Wang and Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi will be on-hand and everyone is invited to attend.

But I'll be attending a high school assembly while my daughter gets an award for -- softball. What else? So, those attending, please let me know what happens.

But I am wearing my Islanders brown hoodie that I got from the Massapequa team store. Hopefully that does count as being supportive.

Also, check out the Summer player appearance calendar. At least it's something for us to look forward to here and there. Many of the appearances are private, but there are ones that are public for each of the players that will be visiting us over the summer. The calendar can be found on the main Islanders website.

I can't believe the season will end tomorrow. Well, it certainly was an interesting one.

1 comment:

TheMetalChick said...

You didnt make it either? Wow- looks like a number of us couldnt make it tonight. I Read Katrinas rundown of some of the things that happened and what people said, that was good to see. Let us know anyhting else you hear!