Friday, April 16, 2010

Trevor Gillies: Another Season with the Islanders


I stopped to talk to Trevor Gillies on the break-down day simply because he was in the hallway. Considering at the time I had no idea if we would ever see him again, I didn't exactly know what to ask him.

"Hey Ma'am. How you doing?" He's imposing but very friendly. Since Trevor spent most of this season with the Sound Tigers, I asked him about Jack's chances in the AHL playoffs against the Hersey Bears.

"I hope they do real well.If we can get by Hershey then I think we’ll have a legit shot at the Calder Cup.” Notice the “we” in his speech. Trevor is very much a “team” guy. “But they (the Bears) are definitely the favorites to win. I think what we have going for us is we have great goaltending and you’ll see with all these guys going back for defense, our defense is going to be stacked.”

continued here at HockeyBuzz.

1 comment:

Michele Louise said...

Its another feel good story for an Islander player. But I think he has alot to prove to some Islander fans next year. Yes, the Islanders have a tough guy for next year, though not sure if some think he is the right one. I myself am not sure. Only way to know is to see the team perform next year. I have my fingers crossed.