Sunday, January 25, 2009

Streit's All-Star Redemption & stuff..



The weather outside reminds me of New Hampshire and the frost on my living room skylight is seeping through and dripping on my leather couch. I'm on my second cup of tea and so far the only article I read in the Sunday paper was Greg Logan's report on All-Star Mark Streit. It is one of his best.


Of course since I read the paper while browsing the net, I checked on Point Blank to find Postcards from Montreal with additional quotes from Streit. He certainly has made us proud so far during these festivities. Conducting interviews in multiple languages, he is an international charmer.

Mark's shot in the skills competition was 98.3 mph, not too shabby. But how do you compete with Chara the giant who tallied over 105 on his second attempt? You just don't.

I'm glad Point Blank reported that Streit was not hurt in the tumble he took yesterday during the shoot out. We already had one All Star get hurt during one of these things. Let's not go for two.

Of course, it's the skills competition that is far more entertaining than the actual All Star game. But it's what I didn't get to see last night. Thank the Hockey Gods for the NHL Channel so I can catch up what I missed.

I agree with one of the comments on Point Blank; let's get the Lighthouse done so that we can host an All Star game back on the Island.


Yesterday's entry about my Isles team store purchases prompted Big Angry Man to rib me a little. I came home to this.



"Hey Dee! Look what I found! A custom Islanders orange juice holder. And it was only five bucks!"

Thanks honey. I'm leaving it that way.

Extra Credit Reading: Adam Sherlip, the Hockey Volunteer has updated his blog of his trip to India. It is fascinating. I give him a lot of credit for what he is doing right now. So since there is no hockey on TV until 6 pm, check out his website and catch up with this well-traveled young man and his adventure of a life-time.



Me... I really need to wash the kitchen floor. That's MY excitement for the day. I'm very jealous Adam!



No comments: